I am Robert Arles, a developer and problem solver.
Some of my experience covers:
- node.js, webdriver.io, mocha
- Java, Python, C#, Selenium/WebDriver, TestNG, Unit and NoseTests
- Python and Django, Java and Play
- Apache and Tomcat
- MySql, Oracle, MS SQL
- Jenkins/Hudson for CI and Regression and production code deployments
- Linux, Windows, Mac, Andriod, IOS
- Selenium Server and Grid design, implementation and test use
- Web Application development
- Performance monitoring and alerting (tools and tool development)
- Infrastructure design installation and configuration, AWS, EC2, Auto-scaling groups, etc.
In my free time, I’m currently developing micro-service/api based information and social-based internet applications, and playing a bit with natural language processing and Bayesian probabilities. I have a broad range of experience including Java + Play Framework / Tomcat, Python + Django, PHP, Selenium, systems architecture and design, sytems-operations, management and leadership.
I have created test harnesses and test suite frameworks. This includes use of Java, Python, TestNG, Nosetest, Jenkins, Webdriver, MySQL, and buildout of Selenium Grids. I’ve created various workflow tests, integration tests, api tests, testing tools, site and performance monitoring tests and utilities. I’ve lead and assisted in the creation and deployment of development, QA and production infrastructures. This includes details from continuos integration methods to the method of code deployment to production, and the creation of the dev, QA and production EC2 auto-scaling server environments.
I’ve also created a few web apps, including what can bee seen today at NerdlyNews as an ‘auto-curating’ news gathering app using a bit of bayesian logic, and PageLoadStats (on GitHub), which does custom web page performance charting and alerting. PageLoadStats is written in Python and Django, the server side agent is a Java application. The historical data is stored in MySql.